[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 3003

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:41:04 -0400

Carlos,

I think "best and more complete" is rather exaggerated. I was very attracted to the Rollei 3003 when it came out in Germany because I liked the shape, the concept of exchangeable magazines (reminiscent of the Zeiss Contarex and Conaflex system) and the double viewfinder for ground and copy stand work. But comparing price and system completeness with Nikon and Canon made me decide against it at the time (ca. 1980).

Rollei/Zeiss never provided the fast long lenses that I, and I am sure many others, wanted on the 3003. I could have used Novoflex and Tamron Adaptall lenses (including an innovative 2.8/300 mm Adaptall follow-focus co-production between Novoflex and Tamron) but it was quickly becoming clear that Rollei was not 100% behind the 3003 system.
I decided for Canon (A1, F1 and EF) instead.

Jan

From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
"Rollei 3003 was and is considered one of the bests and more complete
35mm SLR systems ever made."