[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 150mm/4.0 Min focus distance

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:04:58 -0800

Yes, they are supposed to work as the corporate literature states. However, after replacing more than 6 motors in various lenses non-PQ lenses, I refuse to take any more chances.
Like I said earlier theses lenses are going on 20 to 30 years in age. I know of few electronics that can last that long.
But then, that's my experience. One time I had to send in a body/lens combo. Over what I can't remember. The tech said that they knew about the problem. They however didn't anticipate having someone finding out in the field. They said they didn't think anyone would find it. I believe it was board problem in the 6003 Pro, which now has an updated 6008 board.
Why buy those old lenses when PQ lenses are now going for less than $600 for the most part.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Feb 28, 2006, at 1:03 AM, Frank Dernie wrote:

No he isn't.
The earlier lenses work on the newer cameras, the PQS lenses take too much current for the old camera's electronics.
Rollei lenses are heavier than the Hasselblad equivalents because of the linear motors used for aperture and shutter, which contain heavy parts. I don't know about minimum focus differences in general but the only shortcoming of the Rollei compared to the Hassy IMO is the lens weight.
Frank

On 27 Feb, 2006, at 01:45, Fishhead wrote:

You are still not making any sense...

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
You're looking at first generation motors on these lenses. These burned out very quickly. I believe the space for them inside the lens will not allow for new PQ motors to be installed. These early motors were never considered professional quality to begin with.

Slobodan Dimitrov Studio G-8, Angels Gate Cultural Center http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:19 PM, Fishhead wrote:

I still don't understand why you said they will not work on newer cameras.
I thought it was the other way around... Newer lenses not on older cameras.

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
Paperweight. Just kidding. On other hand PQS lenses users are instructed not to use them on the early bodies.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Fishhead wrote:

I meant the older non PQ and PQS lenses.
What is the term for these lenses??

Jim Brick wrote:
At 06:54 PM 2/26/2006 -0600, Fishhead wrote:

If I mount a HFT lens on a 6006 it will cause problems??

HFT is the lens coating. It has nothing to do with the mechanical/electrical/camera compatibility lens design.

Jim

--- Rollei List

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx