[rollei_list] Re: 'Roll - your- own' 127

  • From: edward1953@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:33:48 -0400

All,
I slice and reroll 127 from 120 occasionally when I want a type of film not yet available such as Tri-X or EPR 64 in 127. Unroll the 120 film a bit and cut about 10 cm of the end. Then cut about 1.5 cm off the right side of the roll for 10 cm. Then cut the leader end to a nice point for insertion into the take up roll of your slicer. The slicing now, of course has to take place in a dark room or changing bag. After the film has been sliced you can turn the lights on LOW. Now, cut off about 10 cm of the now exposed leader. Then CAREFULLY unroll the leader until you find the actual film. Cut away about 10 cm of the film WITHOUT CUTTING THE LEADER. Trust me, I've done it. NOW you can take a bit of masking tape and tape the film edge to the leader carefully trimming the edges to the leader edges so nothing catches. Draw a HEAVY black line with a pencil across the film at this point if you need a start mark for your 127 such as the Yashicas. You can cheat a little and not cut the film as much as 10 cm and you can get 15 exposures easy. Usually the first exposure is a little light struck anyway unless you do all of your work in a darkroom.Be sure to do a smooth job on taping the film to the leader as the feeler on Rollei's depends on it. Then tape your film.It really does work. Hope this helps. Ed A.