[rollei_list] Rolei QBM lenses and Sonnar wide open

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:00:27 -0300

Rollei QBM lenses are among the bests for ‘70s and ‘80s SLR 35mm
cameras IMO, the Zeiss lenses line has several identical lenses
regarding the lenses for the Contax/Yashica mount and others were
built with similar quality. Rolleinar lenses designed in Japan using
specific computer software were very advanced at the time and
Rolleinar zooms had no German equivalents after advanced the Contax
/Yashica system(under Japanese influence) except for a heavy Schneider
zoom. The adaptors to use QBM lenses on Canon cameras are still
manufactured, it says something.

Last week I was using the SL 35M, the three firsts photos were taken
with the MC Rolleinar/Tokina f4 80-200 zoom, the last one with the
prime MC Rolleinar/Mamiya 3,5/200mm tele (Kodak Ultra 400):
Nocturnal:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5018906380/
Portrait
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5018905994/
Nocturnal:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5012399760/
Landscape:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5012399456/

Contax II with uncoated Sonnar 1,5/5cm wide open
As commented in other post, I used the same roll to take photographs
with the Contax II II:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5014670942/

This one ws taken at f1,5 camera hand-held, I prefer to try the lens
for real photograpic situations and not to do a formal test with
camera on tripod:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5014063043/