[rollei_list] Re: Rodinal & Neopan results

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:25:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jan:
        They are very good photographs, well composed. I like tones very much,
some areas look a bit contrasty in my monitor, anyway the images  general look
is very good.
A cold developer means it has less activity and then the result would be a neg
less contrasty, at least with Rodinal, and then I don't think temperature was a
problem.
It's very strange to me you mentioned the Rodinal box recommends 11 minutes
diluted 1:50 for Fuji Across 400, I still keep my last and empty Rodinal bottle
with the box and the paper with instructions, they recommend 8 minutes 1:50 for
the Across 400 gamma 0,65; according these instructions you could overdevelop
the film a bit.

Carlos

--- El mar 24-mar-09, Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> This "Donkeys in WIlliston, VT" series are the
> first three results from the roll of Neopan 400  I processed
> in my "old" Rodinal 1:50 for 11 minutes (as
> recommended on the Rodinal box and the "Massive
> Development Chart"):
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/
>
> It got a bit too contrasty for my taste so I struggled a
> bit to make it work in the digital environment and I know
> the negs won't be a pleasure to work with in the
> darkroom.  Perhaps the developer was a tad too cold (1/2 a
> degree Celsius) ??
> Two pictures ot the Montreal olympic tower against the blue
> sky are worthless becasue the sky and tower ended up almost
> white in white  (on this note: I am looking for a clean Bay
> II orange filter!)
>
> I may go back to Sprint Developer or D76 for Neopan 400.
> Definitely need a softer result for "Mother and
> baby" shoot I have planned with my 3.5E.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Jan
>

> On Mar 24, 2009, at 1:07 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager
> wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:35:28 -0700
> > Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rodinal Question
> > From: Richard Sintchak <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
> > I've used 5+ year old stuff that was not brown,
> but BLACK.  Worked fine.
> > --Richard S.
> > San Francisco

      Yahoo! Cocina