[rollei_list] Re: Rodinal & Neopan results

  • From: Richard Sintchak <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:08:57 -0700

Jan,

I think your tones look fantastic!  Yes, a bit contrasty but that's
more than conditions I think and not adjusting for such.  Should you
decide to try this combination again and find yourself in such
contrast I recommend shooting the Neopan 400 at 250 and pulling back
your development time about 30%.  Should make for a flatter neg but
will scan much easier and you'll get more detail in the shadows.

I have had some great results with Neopan 400 with Rodinal:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/2586707363/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/67533121/

(though neither of those were the over-expose/pull back development
time method for contrasty light, and just the first one is a Rollei
shot....)

--
Richard S.
San Francisco