[rollei_list] Re: Richard! Meter in Rollei T and E models

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:03:57 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Friedman" <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:49 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Richard! Meter in Rollei T and E models

Thanks Richard!!

I have a simple problem to describe. The meter registers light just fine, but
it will not hold the proper ASA film speed as soon as I try to adjust the two
needles in the meter window in the knob. I have taken the metering unit out of
the focusing knob and have taken it apart into its various pieces. It is pretty
simple but for the life of me I can not figure out what part provides the
friction to hold the ASA setting in place. If you can help, that WOULD BE
GREAT!!

regards, Jerry

I don't have an answer for this. I have never had to get into the meter mechanism itself and there are no drawings of its interior in the service manuals. Perhaps Todd Belcher knows (is he on this list or the other list?). The setting on the E feels like there is a detent in it. This sounds like something has happened to the detent.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx