[rollei_list] Re: Retina Camera Lenses

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:11:01 -0300

Marc, it really was not my intention, it happened I was returning from
a party ( I wrote to the list about 2.30 AM) and after to eat good
meal and to drink some beers  I still had no dream and saw your
message about the Retina, I recalled I had a photograph about the
camera with the visible lens serial number and wrote about it, my main
purpose was to get dream to go to the bed and I was not trying to
teach you anything or to argue with you.

I did not obtain the Hillary' Retina photograph from any Retina group
or Dr. Jentz (they show a similar Retina model with a comment about
the Hillary's Retina, but they don't say that is Sir Edmund's camera
specifically); I obtained the photograph at least four years ago from
a site about temporaries  Auckland Museum exhibitions, one of them
showing the famous camera, I couldn't find that page again but I found
the Auckland Museum official web site and they have the Hillary's
Retina when it's at home, it often integrates  exhibitions about
Hillary and the Everest around the world, the camera was shown in the
States some time ago and the last Auckland Museum incorporation is the
ice axe he used in part to climb the Everest.
http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/?t=907

Carlos

2009/10/25 Marc James Small