[rollei_list] Re: Rangefinder article

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:52:00 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:24 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rangefinder article

Thanks for the kind words Carlos. Much appreciated.

Saludos,

Peter K

Very good and useful article. I may have missed something but did you explain how re-writable discs work? My understanding is that this is a dye image which can be erased or written over by using UV light. Is the heat generated image dye or bubbles? If bubbles its probably more permanent than dye. If its bubbles it sounds like a variation of the old Kalvar process.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx