[rollei_list] Re: Question about Rollei Filters and compensation

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:55:58 -0800

At 02:18 PM 11/28/2005 -0800, you wrote:

Quick question for the RUGites here.
I have a Yellow (mittel) filter and an orange filter.
With B&W film, is using a -1 stop for the yellow and -1.5 stop for the orange correct?
Thanks.

--
Peter K
ӿլ

It depends, one would think, on the colors you are photographing and the effect you want.

If the color your are shooting is the same as the filter color, it would have minimal effect on the exposure.

One way to get a general idea of what's going on is to just put the filter in front of your light meter. (I think almost all films are panchromatic these days, with some possible exceptions. Lots of members will comment on that point I suspect).

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA