[rollei_list] Re: Question: Enlarger from Speed Graphic?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:58:38 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allen Zak" <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 4:30 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Question: Enlarger from Speed
Graphic?

> Yes, there was one made for the Graphics.  I believe it
> operated with a
> fluorescent tube.  It was an item that intrigued me when I
> was using a
> Crown Graphic regularly, but I never got around to
> shopping for one.
> Eventually I found an affordable Omega D2v outfit and lost
> interest in
> the enlarger conversion kit.
>
> Allen Zak
>
> On Apr 22, 2005, at 7:16 PM, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:

     The Graflarger consisted of a cold light head and
negative carrier adaptor to fit the Graflok back. Graflarger
adaptors were made for 4x5, 3-1/4 x 4-1/4, and 2-1/4 x 3-1/4
backs but I've never seen any of the smaller ones for sale.
The lamp was made by Aristo and replacement lamps are still
available. The Graflarger was usually used with a vertical
stand also sold by Graflex as a copy stand. The camera's
lens will work OK for enlarging but one could mount an
enlarging lens on a spare lensboard.
   There is a little information on these available on the
Graflex Org web site at http://www.graflex.org

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA