[rollei_list] Re: Provia 400X [was: Re: Slide film is still alive]

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:57:43 -0300 (ART)

I guess you are talking about the first image, the
scene was contrasty itself and I exposed for the
people, they received a right exposure, if I exposed
for the darker areas, the people would be overexposed
and they are the main subject; as you know, slide film
produces contrasty images, several Flickr users liked
very much that image, the saturated colors due to the
underexposure for the darker areas specially.
There are other samples in my gallery taken with
"normal" contrast using the 400X, the 400X is a great
film, great colors, great super fine grain for an ISO
400 film and I'd say is one of the less contrasty
slide film I have used (I have used most of them).

All the best
Carlos

--- Eugen Mezei <Eugen.Mezei@xxxxxx> escribió:

> > a Provia 400X received from the States for
> > these 6x6 images with the 3.5F Planar at my Flickr
> > page and Rollei Gallery:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/
>
> Is the new Provia really so contrasty? Or have you
> underexposed it quite severely?
>
> Eugen
> --
> There is no heavier burden than a great potential.
>

> GMX startet ShortView.de. Hier findest Du Leute mit
> Deinen Interessen!
> Jetzt dabei sein:
> http://www.shortview.de/?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros
http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration