[rollei_list] Re: Prochnow's Rollei Report II 2008 third rev ed.

  • From: Emmanuel Bigler <Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:31:09 +0200

CarlosMFreaza a écrit :

I have ordered Prochnow's Rollei Report II 2008 third reviewed
edition from Lindemanns Verlag at Stuttgart, a posthumous Claus
work, it includes the last TLR models developments: FX, FT and FW.
Carlos

Thanks Carlos for the information. I could not resist temptation and I
just received Prochnow's Rollei Report II 2008 third rev ed.

To our readers : ordering books directly from Lindemanns is a dream
through their secured website (I use the English version).

The information about the 4,0 FW and 4,0 FT in R-R-V2-r3 is succint, I
was expecting some "sensational" details about the new focusing system
allowing to focus the tele R-TLR 4,0 FT down to 1.3 metre... or have-I
read too fast ?

Otherwise, there are several new (to me) stereoscopic image pairs,
taken of course with a Rollei Stereo camera : street views of downtown
Braunschweig in the twenties, true historical documents since most old
houses actually burnt at the end of WW-II.

When I visited Braunschweig in 2006 (thankd to Dirk-Roger on this
list) I was explained that one of the brass statues or fountains
downtown Braunschweig completely melted during a catastrophic fire,
but was re-created after WW-II from pre-war pictures.

There is an amazing stereo picture of Reinhold Heidecke driving a kind
of luxury "rooadster-style" sports car, something unexpected to me. I
thought that the Father Founder was a rether austere man of Northern
Germany, celebrating anniversaries with regular bier and plain
sandwiches ;-)

Hence, not kidding, Paul Franke and Reinhold Heidecke actually were
successful businessmen, so it is not surprisiong that a successful
businessman could succumb to temptation of a luxury car ;-)

--
Emmanuel