[rollei_list] Re: Problems with Airport Security??

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:38:31 +0100

Jim,

Aside from the implications of the recent security issue (which is not
something I have currently experienced), if impact damage is a concern, putting
your TLR (assuming of course Rolleiflex+lensboard=TLR) in a Rollei metal
tropical case would offer substantial protection whilst in your luggage in the
hold. The added weight would be small.

I think I would be concerned that some items might not arrive at their intended
destination. For items of 'sentimental' value, this would cause a certain
amount of distress. In current times I would not like to travel, with expensive
camera equipment or other items, by air. I am sure that many people find
themselves with that dilemma.

John