[rollei_list] Re: Problem Solving 2.8C

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:11:53 -0300 (ART)

That is problem appearing in some Rollei TLR cameras
after several years of use and/or age, it has been
extensively discussed in some Rollei forums and the
problem called "roller reflection", it happen in
general when the frame in the focal plane receives a
certain uniform light in part of the frame closest to
the next frame causing a reflection in the lower
bright roller transmitted to the frame waiting to be
exposed (please note the inverted image position). It
seems the problem has to do with a slightly bigger
size for the gap existing between the film surface and
the film gate to avoid to screatch the film, sometimes
and according light and exposure the light could reach
the lower roller close to the film gate that also is
the roller holder.

Herr Prochnow and Herr Paepke in Düsseldorf have been
asked about this problem, they suggest the problem
could be caused due to dead black paint in bad
condition in the film gate area, but this explanation
is no satisfactory for the users with cameras having
this problem, it seems the direct solution to solve
the problem could be to change the bright rollers
putting black rollers like the rollers used for the
las FX model, Paepke in Düsseldorf sells these black
rollers, IMO the roller reflection is caused for light
did not absorb enough in the taking lens chamber and
then the reflection is a consequence and not a cause,
but for practical purpose the black rollers seem to be
a solution if you often have the problem with your
camera.
I never had this problem with my TLR cameras and I
have posted in my blog some samples where my C and F
don't have the problem for situations where other
identical models have the problem, it seems the
problem has to do with the camera age and maintainance
along the years.-

All the ebst
Carlos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99071700@N00/1462689291/?deletedcomment=1

> Thanks,
>
> Elias

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Seguí de cerca a la Selección Argentina de Rugby en el Mundial de Francia
2007.
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby