[rollei_list] Re: Prints from slides

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 07:12:30 -0300

2011/10/6 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I made Cibachrome/Ilfochrome prints at home for years and the process is
> certainly not terribly difficult -- in some respects, it is easier than C-41
> development.  The trick was to figure out the calibration for your enlarger
> and to be willing to tweak this whenever you opened a new box of paper.
>  Beyond that, it was extremely easy.

Interesting experience Marc, I got some Ciba prints from a dedicated
pro-lab in the '80s and considered I never could obtain that quality
at home, a pro-lab can also handle larger prints except if you have a
dedicated darkroom with the right equipment. The temperature control
is not so demanding for the Ciba /Ilfochrome process, however it still
requires a higher control than for B&W and the bleach is more toxic
than the regular C-41 chemistry.