[rollei_list] Re: Printing/archiving options

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:58:53 +0200

Printer?

Thor

On 12. okt. 2005, at 22.06, Frederic Fichter wrote:

On Oct 12, 2005, at 9:50 PM, Thor Legvold wrote:

I know that only I can answer the question, but would love to hear from others what they've chosen, and more importantly - why?

Digital darkroom (Epson 4990 & Vuescan) because I can actually use it (with a busy job and a young family it's much easier).
I develop film in the kitchen, edit on a lightbox, and scan what's worth scanning.
I get prints from ColorMailer as they have a very good pro lab in Switzerland (color profiles, all that...)
Main advantages : no middleman, I buy the products, I control the whole process and I don't have to release the neg to get a print anymore. Also I still shoot film because I want an analog archive for my work and I don't know anything that will rival a well-fixed-well-washed b&w neg. And I want to retain the ability to print my pics the old way... whenever I'll have the time to set up a real darkroom !

Fred Fichter

Web : http://homepage.mac.com/ffichter

--- Rollei List