[rollei_list] Re: Print Exchange(what am I looking at?)

  • From: "Jeff Kelley" <jlkphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:24:05 -0700

Mark, I've used the Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag on my ancient Epson 2000P
and it is as good or better than anything I've used on that printer for
matte B&W prints.  The 2000P was Epson's first "archival" pigment ink
printer and I still use it for matte surface B&W printing.  It wasn't clear
from Dennis' original post which of the photo rag papers were being used.

There are half a dozen inkjet "baryta" papers out now that purport to
emulate the papers from the wet darkroom.  I've only tried the Harman so
far...it sure smells like "real" fiber silver gelatine photo paper even if
the prints are not quite the same....

Jeff