[rollei_list] Re: Press Cards (slightly Rollei related)

  • From: "Ron Truax" <rontruax@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:18:18 -0600

Tom: Jerry's right (of course). My dad had such a card in his fedora when he was the Chief Photographer for the Grand Rapids Press (MI) during the 40's and 50's. It was issued by the Police Dept so he and his mates at the paper could lug their Speed Graphics and, later, Rollei's, to all manner of crime and fire scenes, by-passing security perimeters to get some pretty dramatic shots in b & w. Very often better than the pap one sees today, I think. Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas A.Frank" <taf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>