[rollei_list] Re: ... Polaroid Magazine? IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT ANSWER

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 09:04:45 -0300

I have received a quick reply from the "Impossible project" about if a
Polaroid 600/SX 70 film size could be used for a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches
Polaroid back; the problem is not the size slight difference, it's the
film type:

" hello carlos,

" thank you for your message!

" polaroid backs are using packfilm ("peel-apart" film) only.
type 600 film, such as our PX 600 or PX680 film are integral films and
not usable in a polaroid back.

"unfortunately we don't have packfilm in stock, and cannot produce it
in future, as we don't have the machines.

"Fuji is the only company that offers suitable film:
Fujifilm FP-100C (color) and FP-100B (black & white)
but i heard that they discontinued their production as well!

"you will still find some last stocks on the net.

"best wishes,
ani"

Anyway there is no Fuji official info about to discontinue the current
film pack production, B&H only say a 4x5 B&W version was discontinued
last year and some sites are plenty of Fuji film pack to sell, but "be
careful, when the river sounds, it is bringing stones".

Carlos