[rollei_list] Re: Plus X with Perceptol

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:00:46 -0500

> Mark,
> Let me know if I understand you correctly in respect to gaining more
> sharpness.
>
> To get that, you would go in the direction Carlos recommended for film
> shot at 125, namely, dilute 1:3 and develop for 16 minutes and then
> experiment. For the Jobo, I'll cut back development time 10%,
>
> Thank you for your comments--Doug

Yes add as much water as possible. Highly dilute is good. Straight is bad.
Anyone who ever gives you a time its just a starting time.
You'll almost always have to adjust from there once you see how it prints.
If you're needing more contrast. More time.
Less contrast. Less time.

But yes first adjust for all the other variables.
Their temp vs. yours.
Their agitation method vs. yours.
And if they pre soak or not.
And if their dilution is a bit different from yours.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner