[rollei_list] Re: Plus X with Perceptol

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:12:37 -0500

Interesting reply, Zak.
How long at 68/20 degrees and in what dilution for plus X film shot at 125?

I guess there are two ways to anwer this:
What it the time and dilution for fine grain when shot at 125?

Thank you for your replies and interest.

Doug

What is time and dilution for sharpness when shot at 125?
On Feb 20, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Allen Zak wrote:

On Feb 20, 2010, at 1:06 PM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

If you wish EI 125, I'd do a try using 10' Perceptol full strength.

Carlos

Opposite direction, Carlos. Perceptol at full strength delivers an effective EI 64. Diluted 1:3, Perceptol provides full film speed. This is because the restrainer which reduces effective film speed becomes too highly diluted to function in that way. Some of the fine grain qualities produced by Perceptol are lost, but sharpness is enhanced. These changes are noticeable but slight.

Allen Zak