[rollei_list] Re: Plus X with Perceptol

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:23:03 -0300

There was a Kodak intensive propaganda to link TMax films with TMax
developers at the time. I only could add to Mark previous post that
even today there are some pages mentioning the original main purpose
for TMax developers, f.e.
"KODAK T-MAX is an excellent and versatile high-energy developer
designed specially for Kodak's T-Max films. T-Max gives good contrast
and film speed with any film, but it is especially food with T-Max 100
and 400 when used at 75 degree. T-Max developer comes in a liquid
stock that is mixed 1:4 for a working solution":
http://glsmyth.com/Misc/Charts/charts.htm

And this statement is from Kodak directly in its TMax developers
Technical sheet:
"You can use T-MAX Developer to process roll sizes of
KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX Films and most other
black-and-white continuous-tone films". Tmax films are mentioned for
the first place and in capital letters; they also say _and_ most other
films:
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j86/j86.pdf

Before TMax films introduction in the 1986 Photokina, Kodak tested
them intensively with Kodak D 76 obtaining excellent results, it was
the reason TMax developer only appeared some time after the TMax films
introduction in the market. It seems evident Kodak wanted to take
commercial advantage of the TMax films success introducing a new
"dedicated" developer to these films, but there still are users
preferring to develop the TMax films with D 76.

Carlos