[rollei_list] Re: Plus X with Perceptol

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:24:45 -0300

I did not write Rodinal is one of the highest acutance developers, I
wrote it is a high acutance developer and even higher in comparison
with Microdol X/Perceptol, it is a high acutance developer even at
minimal working solution, 1+25, Rodinal has not solvents in ithe
formula.
The Rodinal panflet in the box says for the 1+25 and 1+50 dilutions:
"Rodinal is characterised by very good contour sharpness (acutance)
and high emulsion  speed yield".
Wikipedia:
"A well-known property of Rodinal is its high acutance, due to the
fact that the Rodinal formula contains no silver solvent. Consequently
the metallic silver in film, once developed, is left in its natural
state, and does not undergo any "softening" by means of a solvent."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodinal

And this is an interesting article on Rodinal:
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Rodinal/rodinal.html

Carlos