[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:01:46 -0300

2010/2/12 Richard Knoppow
>    I've had good results with Perceptol and T-Max. As far as I can tell
> Perceptol is identical to Microdol-X.

I'll use now  the Microdol X and Ilford Pan F 50 Plus film combo for
the first time and was looking for developing times and users
opinions. The Ilford Pan F 50 Plus technical sheet suggests identical
developing times for this film with Perceptol 1:1 and Microdol X 1:1
at 20ºC, 15' ; developing times have a very slight difference for both
developers diluted 1:3, 17'and 18' and developing times for other
Ilford films using these two developers are consistently similar or
identical according the case, I think these are indications in the
direction you mentioned above.
The same technical sheet suggests solution B as the only option to
develop the Pan F 50 with HC 110 developer, however the developing
time is short too much: 4'. I had no good experiences using short
times due to uneven developing; the Rodinal Special developer (nothing
to do with the true Rodinal) was very active having short times, it
was good for photojournalism work but it's not so good for others
works. The page quoted yesterday about the HC 110 suggests:" The
solution? Try the unofficial dilution H which is half of dilution B,
and simply develop twice as long as for dilution B", perhaps it works.