[rollei_list] Re: Plate Adapter etc.

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:50:31 -0400

Dennis,

Did you notice the spring steel under the pressure plate? The ground glass is pushed out with a much weaker hinged spring. You'll have to add pressure from the back somehow. If you cover the opening, I'm not sure you'd have to put anything over the glass, unless you think it needs the protection, it certainly wouldn't do anything to the paper backing of the roll film, byou may need to add width.

E.

On Mar 17, 2007, at 10:19 PM, dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks to all with the helpful comments on this subject, Dennis,
maybe this will help you improvise a roll film pressure plate holder.

Elias

Thanks that looks like I can actually convert my extra ground glass insert into the pressure plate by perhaps covering the glass with opaque milar and covering the opening on the back with a card or something. Definitely
worth trying.  Would solve my problem of needing to carry two backs.
Dennis