[rollei_list] Re: Plate Adapter and missing velvet

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:03:34 -0400

Thank you for this help, it is very much appreciated.
I can't find anything on the back I have. My digital camera is out of batteries - but I will post a photo of it soon. To describe it further, it looks like film back on the outside, but with no number, or lever, just a plain aluminum (?). It slides in like all the rest, even has a shield. However, on the inside it is somewhat like the configuration of the ground glass piece, in size and mechanics, but with a thin metal plate where the glass would be.

Thanks for the lead on the archives - Red Plush it is!

This accessoory was discontinued and not supplied at the end of the
plate holder fabrication in the seventies. I got my ground glass
second hand. You can check that there is no gross defocusing when the
camera is set to infinity, but I doubt that you could appreciate fine
defects of parallelism...
Maybe I misunderstand Parallax, what I meant to say is that I can see the difference in what's on the ground glass on top, vs. what on the ground glass in the back, at around a meter or two, top to bottom.
What is gross defocussing?

A crude solution but tha I used sucessfully consists in processing two
6.5x9 films back to back in Paterson or Jobo tank, the same you use
for 120 rolfilm
Thanks to Mr. Brick, I will be able to develop these sheets without resorting to any crude methods - then I can test for light leaks, and see how important the missing Plush is.

Elias