[rollei_list] Re: Planar vs. Xenotar test

  • From: "michael Sta. Maria" <littlwing5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:49:51 -0800 (PST)

Wow,
   I didn't think I'd get this much response.  In any
case Jerry,  you're right it all boils down to taking
pictures because that's what they're meant to do.
Someone else (forgot name) brought up an interesting
point about the first and last exposures being wastes.
 I just started doing my own printing (and I'm
hooked!) So I'm still new to chemical/paper/film
combinations.  My next purchase would most likely be
an enlarging lens since that too is critical to one's
style.   I was thinking maybe a componon-S?  How do
Rodenstock enlarging lenses compare to the Schneiders?
I've read they are good, but why are they priced
significantly lower in the used market? I just use the
lens that my enlarger came with when I purchased it.
It's a 75mm Beseler.  Also, for those that do their
own B&W printing, what are some of your
chemical/paper/film combinations? And why?
Thanks,
MIKE...

http://my.yahoo.com