[rollei_list] Re: Planar for Leica M and now Sonnar.

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:59:01 -0700

OK. Still I used the Hexar and loved it. I typically do not bang my cameras
hard where the prism would dislodge so for me it was a great camera. Hexanon
lenses were first rate too. However, you do mention the Bessa. Nice camera
but they were made poorly at the beginning as well. I had a Nokton lens come
apart on me. Hope the later models are better. Plus the RF was easy to
misalign. Konica made a better camera, just had idiots marketing it.

Peter K

On 9/30/06, A. Lal <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alas, all is not roses with the Hexar RF.

According to a repairman I trust, the RF prism is easy to dislodge as it
is
just glued in place. Then there is the matter of availability of parts
down
the road. Bear in mind that this is an orphaned system; electronic orphans
are much harder to keep going than mechanical ones. For these reasons I
sold
both my Hexars last year.

The Bessa R2/3/4 series is a more sensible choice for use with M and screw
mount lenses. I find the Bessa R2 and T more than adequate as user bodies.
The new R4 will be of interest to all  wide-angle M (and KM) mount lens
owners.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, 29 September, 2006 9:15 AM Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Planar for Leica M and now Sonnar.

Yeah Jerry,

But then you have to use a Leica body. I 'd druther have a Konica Hexar
RF.
Modern, fast, and sharp lenses.

Peter K

On 9/28/06, Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Marvin, > > They were very fine lenses. However an adapter to use them on > a Leica would cost more than the lens. False economics. > > I druther have a Tele-Elmarit. > > Jerry > > redleica wrote: > > > Can anyone help me out. How do the old Contax rf lenses fare against 60s > and 70s Leica RF glass. I am thinking of the 85mm Sonnar in particular. > > Thanks for your message, > > God bless You. > > Marvin. > > --- > > Rollei List > > > > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > > > - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with > > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > > > - Online, searchable archives are available at > > //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list > > > > -- > > No virus found in this incoming message. > > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > Version: 7.0.407 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/458 - Release Date: > 09/27/2006 > > --- > Rollei List > > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > - Online, searchable archives are available at > //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list > >

-- Peter K ÓÕ

Peter K
ÃÂÃÂ