[rollei_list] Re: Planar for Leica M and now Sonnar.

  • From: "A. Lal" <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:20:37 -0400

I like Leicas every bit as much as you do. However, my comments were in response to a list member who does not wish to own a Leica.

By the way, don't sell the Bessas short. As user cameras they work very well. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Bessa T is the best value wide angle body around , since lenses in the 15-28 mm range usually need an external finder anyway. With a nice universal finder, e.g. TOC, TEWE, Leica, ZI, Kiev and so on, it can also serve as a backup body should your Leica M cease to function. On my last overseas trip I carried a Bessa T with a 21mm more or less permanently mounted on it alongside an M7, and did not feel that the T's fit and finish, RF, metering, or hinged door impeded my photography in any way . A Bessa T, M7, with 21, 35 & 90 mm lenses, small flash, TOC finder and a few rolls of film, all fit very nicely into a small unobtrusive nylon bag.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brick" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>