[rollei_list] Re: Planar HFT 1,8/50 and Rolleiflex SL35 E

  • From: "Evan Dong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ejdong@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 13:35:13 -0700

Carlos,

Thank You for sharing that link.  For me the only 35mm SLR link to any Zeiss
optics would be my Contax-Yashica 35mmSLR system.
Otherwise I 'm also shooting with my Contax645 system too.
Too bad the Contax-Yashica product line is not represented as it was once on
the Zeiss CLN magazine and website's archive.

Evan

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:01 PM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Evan:
          Ferdi is right. I reproduce this article at the end of one
of my blog entry about the Rolleiflex SL35 system:

http://rolleiflexsl35system.blogspot.com.ar/2011/06/rolleiflex-sl-35-system.html

Carl Zeiss association with Yashica allowed CZ to have zoom lenses
within their lenses line.
Carl Zeiss started to deliver multicoated lenses to Rollei in 1972 but
CZ did not mark these lenses as nulticoated, whilst Japanese lenses
marked this feature with big letters or icons. Rollei created the term
"High Fidelity Transfer", HFT to indicate the CZ lenses were
multicoated too; this issue forced Carl Zeiss to create the symbol T*
for their multicoated lenses, however they respected the HFT term for
the Rollei lenses and it was used for the Rollei multicoating process
too.(a CZ T* process adapted for a larger lenses production).