[rollei_list] Re: Planar 2.8 Rolleiflex - which model?

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:59:30 -0800

It's a 2.8E.

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:45:12 +0900
Subject: [rollei_list] Planar 2.8 Rolleiflex - which model?
From: "Niels H. S. Nielsen" <nhsn@xxxxxx>

Dear All,
I have noticed a Rolleiflex with a Planar lens put up for sale locally, and
I am considering placing a bid.

From the picture, I canít really determine the model and I donít have access
to the SN. Can any of the experts of this forum identify the model from this
picture?

http://www.forloren.dk/misc_photos/rolleiflex2.jpg

Should you have an opinion about the current price level of this model, I
would appreciate that input as well. (This particular camera is in user
condition and the finder hood has a dent in the corner).

In the past I have favored the Tessar lens design in medium and 35 mm
format, but recently got a little interested in how the Planar lens design
could render my photographs. I just purchased a SMC Takumar 50/1.4 in M42
mount (suppose to be based on the Planar design) and was positive surprised
with the initial results ñ thus considering how my pictures would look with
the Planar in 6x6.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,
Niels