[rollei_list] Re: Pistol Grip

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 09:45:15 -0800

I'm with Carlos on this one, I never thought it would work well but
then found one cheap, got it, and find I really like it.  I does not
exactly replace using it the normal way, just another way that can
often work out well, IMO.

One interesting thing I have found: when using a camera and pointing
it at someone people get self-conscious.  However if you use a
Rolleiflex with the pistol grip and "pan" with it people think you're
using some old movie camera and for some reason just think you're a
silly tourist and ignore you. So I'll often slowly "pan" my camera to
give this impression and fire off the pistol grip at the moment of the
framed shot I want.  Funny little aspect in using this funky
accessory.

--
Richard S.
San Francisco