[rollei_list] Re: Pistol Grip

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 22:35:11 -0500

At 10:25 PM 12/8/2008, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Rabiner,

Don't you understand? I am a computer photo illiterate. I have no digital photo
ability or capability.  I don't know  WTF a "URL indicator" is.

Jerry

You certainly can VIEW pictures -- there is a reasonably decent viewing program available for free called IRFANVIEW which I recommend. A simple download, simple to install and simple to use. Then folks can send you pictures which you can view at your leisure.

What Mark was suggesting was that someone take a picture, scan it, and post it to a web site. The address of that website -- the "http://www"; part -- is a Uniform Resource Locator code, or somesuch, generally called the URL. So, Mark's suggestion was that the picture be posted to a web site and the address of that site then be posted to the Rollei List. You need no special software to view a website, just a browser such as Foxfire or Netscape.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!