[rollei_list] Re: Photokina 2010 / finepix-x100

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:02:42 -0300

2010/9/24 Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>:
> Håkon and Carlos,
>
> I don't think there is any rule what a digital camera ought to look like.
> Futuristic looking but non-intuitive buttons were tried already in late 80s
> and early 90s analog cameras.  Users disliked them and almost all companies
>  went back to at least some traditional looking dials even on  digital
> cameras (look at Panasonic Gx(x) , Canon G12 and the new Nikon P7000!)...>

I agree with you Jan, there is no a rule about what a digital camera
ought to look like, it's the reason I wrote to Håkon. " BTW this is my
opinion only and I respect yours...". I use mechanical film cameras
most of the time with manuals controls, including a 1937 Contax II,
the "retro" look means nothing to me. I use a digital camera when I
need automatic working for all or almost all functions and then a lot
of buttons are not necessary to me, I know how to set the digital
camera functions for my specific needs. BTW, I guess if you hardly
shoot film or no longer shoot film, when you see an interesting
digital camera talking about its features and with a design recalling
mechanical film cameras you used previously, it will be attractive to
you for both reasons. I have not doubt it would hapen to me under
similar situations; the day that film no longer exists on the earth
surface or  if it becomes difficult to obtain, I'm sure I'll buy a
digital camera looking like the "retro" Fuji if it is good
technically.