[rollei_list] Re: Photokina 2010 / finepix-x100

  • From: Håkon T Sønderland <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:29:37 +0200

I couldn't agree more. One may disapprove of the retro-look that currently seems to be in vogue, but it seems to me that Fuji has made some good decisions on usability and ergonomics. It remains to be seen if it translates to a well crafted and well working camera in the end, but from the pictures and specifications it does seem that it is a real step in the right direction. I like the retro look, so for me that isn't a detractor (I guess that singles me out as one of those despised Hipsters) , I own the E-P1. A quiet unobtrusive camera with great handling and performance, and what if it looks good too? What's not to like?

Håkon

On 24.09.2010 15:34, Jan Decher wrote:
Håkon and Carlos,

I don't think there is any rule what a digital camera ought to look like. Futuristic looking but non-intuitive buttons were tried already in late 80s and early 90s analog cameras. Users disliked them and almost all companies went back to at least some traditional looking dials even on digital cameras (look at Panasonic Gx(x) , Canon G12 and the new Nikon P7000!)

So, I find it very interesting that the retro-look of the Fuji X100 attracts so much attention. It is really what Kyocera should have given us 6 years ago as the natural progression of the Contax G2 to digital.

Rollei should learn from this and finally work on a digital Rollei 35 that handles more or less like a Rollei 35 with a 2.8 Sonnar and bright optical VF, AF and LCD screen. APS size would be just fine with me. (Just what I need as a small backup camera for my upcoming Africa expedition)

Jan

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:46:38 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kon_T_S=F8nderland?= <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>
I think perhaps the most interesting camera introduced is the Fuji
FinePix X100.
I really looks like a Konica Hexar for the digital age.
http://www.finepix-x100.com/
Håkon

From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
I had seen that camera, it`s interesting like digital camera however
it looks like a 35 mm compact film camera from the lasts '50s or '60s,
I prefer that a digital camera looks like a digital camera and I also
prefer a true film camera from the '50s and '60s, BTW this is my
opinion only and I respect yours.

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org