[rollei_list] Re: Peter Mattei Carl Zeiss Rolleiflex SL66 1:4/40 mm Distagon FLE HFT

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 23:25:32 -0700

Forget the Scheimpflug cards and overlay... they are useless. You focus on the
GG screen with a prism or chimney. I adapted Hasselblad prisms to work on my
Rollei SL66. They have focusing eye pieces (+/- 3 diopters I think). This makes
focusing near/far very easy. For many years I taught Hasselblad workshops for
Hasselblad USA. I became the FlexBody and ArcBody expert and taught Scheimpflug
to a gaggle of folks.

Also, having a meter in the finder can come in handy at times.

http://www.visualimpressions.com/HassyFindersSL66.jpg

Jim Brick
Sunnyvale, CA
http://www.photomojo.org