[rollei_list] Peter K and WKHR and Michael

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:13:58 -0400

At 12:38 AM 3/26/2010, Peter K. wrote:
Marc,

Thanks. But have to tell you that those are specialty inks. They are the Epson UltraChrome K3® Superior museum-quality inks with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology that produces exhibition-quality, resale-worthy prints.

Let us drop this, Peter.  I no longer have the energy to argue with you.

By the way, have YOU made your contribution to <http://www.wkhr.org>? THANK YOU! Keep the Music alive!

I do not ask you to contribute as a BS measure. I ask you to contribute so the music keeps playing. A friend of mine in Australia contributed the other day. ALL OF YOU: spend $5 on your debit card to WKHR and quit arguing over digital versus film, or whether Hasselblad killed Franke und Heidecke or whether F&H was terminally ill on its own.

I have never asked you folks for 2.8FX and I never shall do so. But I am asking you to make a contribution to WKHR. Allow me to keep listening while I write on Rollie matters here. Kris, the WKHR manager, regards me as a nutjob, but so be it: I want the music to play. So, please contribute. $5 $50 $500. Keep the music alive!

On a very personal note, my son asked me in 2005 to get some contact info with my former stepson, Michael. I was married from 1989 to 1997 to Michael's mother and I effectively raised the kid. I never got along with his older sister, and so be it: I can see now where I could have handled a few issues more neatly than I did. My ex-wife died in 2003 before I had resolved this issue. My bad! I like Cathy's husband but Catny detests me -- Susan's last words were, "tell Marc I love him and tell him to stay away from the funeral." Cathy DOES dislike me! And so be it. I have nothing against her. She has much against me, but, I guess, it all washes out in the long term.

In any event, when I mentioned to my son in a phone call yesterday that this was the one that he had asked that I had never provided, he laughed. He had already done it on FaceBook. Yeah, I am the guy with the Tortoise logo ....

Michael is good people,  Thank heavens for the roar.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!