[rollei_list] Re: Paris-bound with my Art Deco Rolleicord

  • From: "Niels H. S. Nielsen" <nhsn@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:36:01 +0200

Hi Sanders,
I have a 1937-38 Rolleiflex Automat v1 (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/forloren/5755489123/)
It has a uncoated tessar with a charming look but benefits strongly from
the use of a hood.
At the time when these cameras were new, I think yellow filters were
commonly used to give a little boost to the contrast, but I don't know how
relevant it is these days with digital post processing. I personally use a
filter and finds that it improves the images without sacrificing the
charming signature.

I don't have experiences with the triotar, but I have a Yashica D with a
triplet (although it is coated
http://www.flickr.com/photos/forloren/5780467235/). Stopped down to around
f11 I would be hard pressed to point out the difference from a 4 element
lens of same vintage.

I hope you enjoy Paris and this charming camera from the past.

Best
Niels