[rollei_list] Re: On-Topic Discussions

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:53:49 +0000

Larry,

My memory/information is that the 40mm f2.8 Sonnar lenses for the Rollei
RF35 were using up leftover glass from the Singapore Rollei 35S & 35SE and
that the 80mm lenses were similarly unused Rollei Planar 80mm f2.8 glass.

The size of the 80mm MF glass made this lens large for a 35mm camera. See
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=detailsdisc&sku=RL8028RFB

John