[rollei_list] Re: Old film

  • From: "Marvin Wallace" <Marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:34:47 +0700

An interesting distinction here between the photographer and the collecter.
A Rollei a 1960's Planar will give equal or better results than the modern
equivalent; old film is not as good as modern film; older b/w papers are
sometimes better because of the higher silver content.
And ask for old light meters ! A modern light meter will give a more
accurate measurement of light; so that the lighting conditions can be more
accurately translated to film (modern film) which records better.
I am always surprised that people use old meters the modern equivalents are
much better.
An analogy regarding the use of light meters would be, the USA making a
Space Rocket and then using a compass as the guidance system.
Marvin.