[rollei_list] Re: Old article about SL2000 - 3000

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:05:25 +0000

Carlos,

I have heard commented that there were many, many 3000 cameras that Rollei
could not sell and they were destroyed so as not to devalue the Rollei image
by selling them cheaply. There were many 'special offers' around the 3003
and they also produced the cheaper 3001 cameras with only one viewfinder.
Although the 3003 is marked 'Made in Germany', that is on the removable
serial number/tripod coupling plate. The 3000 is almost identical to the
2000 but with a side handle and additional release on the top. If they were
made in bulk in Singapore and the stock brought back to Germany, the housing
could have been modified and sold as 3003 cameras; there may well have been
a lot of cameras...

John