[rollei_list] Re: Okay -- SL66 vs. 2.8 TLR

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:57:36 -0400

For me, this is simple. My sole medium format equipment these days is Rollei TLR. Those subjects it won't handle, I just don't do. If I really need a variety of focal lengths, my 35mm outfit comes along, but most of the time my walking around camera is a 3.5F or MX-EVS, which I use interchangeably and never carry more than one at a time. Life is too short to be a pack horse.

Allen Zak

On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:59 PM, Craig Roberts wrote:
Here's a puzzler for Rolleites --

You can keep only one:

1) SL66 -- big, heavy and noisy, but versatile with lens interchangeability, quick film changes (with magazines), macro ability and tilt feature, or

2) 2.8C, D or E -- small(ish), light and quiet but with a fixed lens, ponderous film change and little flexibility.

Which one? (Either can be adapted for TTL metering and prism or waist finders and neither will be used in the studio much).

Craig
Washington, DC

--- Rollei List