[rollei_list] Re: Okay -- SL66 vs. 2.8 TLR

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:38:07 -0700

I have both!  That's how I saved myself this quandary.

I think the bottom line is if you need lens interchangablity, macro, and the
tilt feature then it's the SL66.

I use my 2.8E Planar for it's smaller and lighter handling and also for it's
more convenient portability.  Rarely would I use my SL66 on the street, or
when I simply want to have a camara over my shoulder on an excursion.  I do
use the SL66 handheld but mostly for existing light informal portraits of my
family in our window seat, or at the breaksfast table if the morning light
is fine.  Otherwise 90% of the time it's on the tripod for landscape or
macro work.

I will use the two in overlapping circumstances, mostly for the portraits,
but otherwise the two are really different enough to where once you decide
your primary needs one or the other will make the most sense.

All this said, if for some reason I could only keep one it would be the TLR.

Richard S.

On 9/11/06, Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ooops! Sometimes we compose a new message in the "Reply" mode and forget to change the subject line. At least that's what I did :-) .

So --

Here's a puzzler for Rolleites --

You can keep only one:

1) SL66 -- big, heavy and noisy, but versatile with lens
interchangeability, quick film changes (with magazines), macro ability
and tilt feature, or

2) 2.8C, D or E -- small(ish), light and quiet but with a fixed lens,
ponderous film change and little flexibility.

Which one? (Either can be adapted for TTL metering and prism or waist
finders and neither will be used in the studio much).

Craig
Washington, DC

--- Rollei List