[rollei_list] Off Topic Proposal on airline security

  • From: Don Williams <3237daw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 17:25:22 -0500

AIRPLANE SECURITY PROPOSAL

It would be so simple to add a system to commercial airlines which would require someone in the cockpit to enter a short code into a device that would allow starting, taxiing, whatever, before that procedure could be done. The code would be sent by radio to the device and by voice from an authorized person in the control tower to someone in the cockpit. The code would be valid for maybe 30 seconds. Entry of the wrong code more than twice and ALL STOP.

Smart phones have similar features and my garage door has such a feature, invisible to me (rolling code) so that just anyone can't open my garage door.

Let's do this NOW.