[rollei_list] Re: OT:.Pola filters, Practical sample

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:36:26 +0100

I am a big fan of polarising filters to cut reflection. Their effect on skies
can be fabulous, but they work inconsistently with wide angle lenses, even when
there is a filter thread, because the effect is angle of light dependant and
the angle varies widely throughout the frame with WA lenses. One can rarely, if
ever, get the effect one seeks over the whole frame with short focal lengths.
I am always mystified why people bemoan the absence of filter threads on the
front of lenses that are unsuited to having filters in front of them...
Internet fora are full of it.
Frank