[rollei_list] Re: OT-Model Aircraft Engines

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:54:51 -0400

Somewhere in the attic lies a Fox 35. At one time I also owned a Bantam 19, converted from ignition to glow plug and several 049s, I don't remember the makes. The only distinction I attained during this time was to have come in dead last in a category of the 1953 Cleveland Press/Coca Cola Indoor Air Meet. Exactly none of my model aircraft survived because every single one of them, sooner or later, crashed hard.

After several years of serious modelry, I suddenly lost all interest in the mid 1950s, to which I attribute hormones (I was a teenager then). It was fun, though, and I developed an encyclopedic knowledge of pre-1955 aircraft (since then, I didn't much care).

Allen Zak

On Apr 21, 2007, at 7:47 AM, R.C.Booth wrote:

I haven't been an active modeler since the late 1960's but among the old engines I have are:

Dennymite
McCoy 60 and 49 as well as 049 glow and diesel
Holland 065
AC Gilbert 074

Building and flying model planes led to photography as I wanted to record each plane before the inevitable crash. Eventually my skills improved to the point where the planes simply wore out.

RCB

http://rcbooth.zenfolio.com/
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Jensen" <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>