[rollei_list] OT:Contax II and Eddy

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:11:11 -0800 (PST)

About 35 days (including holydays and 20,000km) after to send the Contax II to
NYC (Brooklyn)I have it at home again.
Eddy Smolov did a very good work, it was necessary to change nothing about
internal parts, shutter and other mechanisms needed a good CLA only: "your
camera is very old but it's still in very good working order" wrote me Eddy.
The Sonnar 1.5/50 front element was polished slightly and looks like new; the
RF was cleaned and it`s easy to focus now. Eddy only changed the camera top
cover 'cause the original was bent slightly, I regret a bit the replacement,
the original (Eddy sent me it again)top cover black band is engraved "Alemania"
-Germany in Spanish- from factory, an uncommon detail; anyway the new top cover
looks very good. I hope to try the camera with film for the next weeks, I'm
very happy with the CLA results.
Thanks again Marc, Daniel and other members to recommend Eddy, I'm very
satisfied with his service, price and kind treatment.-

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/