[rollei_list] Re: OT (slightly): Polaroid shot

  • From: Chris Burck <chris.burck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 06:18:40 -0700

Carlos,

This is fascinating, I had no idea.  ¡Me tiene alucinado!

Everything I'd ever read on the subject told me that the
demise of Type 55 was the end of instant-film negatives.

Thank you so much for pointing this out.

WRT the image you posted, the FP-100c looks as though
it has a bias towards the red/magenta.  Or were you working
with outdated film?

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 4:22 AM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm evaluating the Fujifilm FP-100c Professional Instant Color Film
> before to decide if I'll buy a Polaroid back for the Rolleiflex SL66.
> Polaroid cameras are cheap in general  and I bought two of them, the
> first one, EE100 model with electronic shutter did not work, the
> second one, a Polaroid Miniportrait with four lenses and mechanical
> shutter worked fine.
> My Miniportrait model was a professional workhorse, it's one of the
> models dedicated to take photographs for passports and ID documents in
> the recient past, it does not require batteries, it takes four images
> simultaneously on the same frame (however you can take four different
> pictures on the same frame using the lenses caps) and it has 1,20m as
> fixed focusing distance (the camera has a built-in tape to measure
> it). The camera construction is very solid, very robust and it is
> heavier than the Rollei SL66. It can use almost any regular electronic
> flash; shutter speeds are 1/60, 1/125 and B and f stops are
> 8-11-16-22-32.
>
> This is my second Polaroid shot with the Fuji FP-100c film, the first
> one is OK but it got a reflection from the window behind the subject:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/9986052646/
>
> Polaroid is pure magic, you take the photograph, the film passes
> between two rollers when you extract it, the rollers press  two plain
> containers on each side of the film spilling the developers on the
> surfaces, you wait 90 seconds (more or less, it varies according the
> room temperature), you separate the papers and you have a negative and
> a print in your hands, you needn't a printer.
> My second step will be to get an usable negative to scan it, the Web
> is plenty of pages explaining it, it's necessary to remove the black
> antihalation layer with a bleacher.
>
> Carlos

¡Ay, Pachamamita! ¡Eres la cosa más bonita!