[rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:35:08 -0400

OK, Marc, I'll try this again...

> Looks like you need to inform the Merriam-Webster people, who provided the
> definition and
> derivation...

Where in that sentence is there a suggestion that dictionaries are
dispositive? I agree with you, Tolkein, and my grade school teacher
Mrs. Stanton, who first clued me into the point you are making.

As for revisiting my library, I am most fortunate... the beautifully
restored main branch of the Brookline (MA) town library is within
walking distance of our house, and I'm there several times a week...
If you ever make if up this way please join me...

Eric Goldstein